Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today is the Greatest

This is one of my favorite songs from the Pumpkins. I love their alternative rock genre and I'm a great fan since many years ago and still am. Throughout teenage years, they had lived out the rocker chick inside me which I still fantasize about. I'm not all fond for Billy Corgan's whinny and sometimes too depressed voice, but they had created master pieces. They are still the best to live rock! Alternative rock music was huge during the 90's. At that time, they had a great drummer, Jimmy Chamberlin and a hot bassist, D'Arcy. Despite just the great band, more specifically I'm obsessed with James Iha, the lead guitarist. He plays love rock and he had a great solo album which needs more appreciation. I happened to stumble on this MTV outtake version which I found quite hilarious and it brought back old memories of fun, crazy and younger days. Ignore some obscene acts of couples making out, instead just focus on the band members - And yah, James is in a ladies' dress. Watch the original version first and then the outtake version.

Today - Smashing Pumpkins


No comments:

Post a Comment